    SubjectRe: New kernel - netscape hangs
    Date
    > > I see errors not hangs when mounting and trying to lock a partition with no
    > > lockds running and not mounted nolock
    >
    > You have to run Linux 2.2.1 kernel with my complete knfsd package. It hangs
    > inside lockd.

    Ok I'll run a test on that. But it should be using NFS timeouts IMHO, thats
    what BSD seems to do.

    > > All the EPROTO changes etc in sunrpc. Are the unavoidable.
    >
    > It is necessary for lockd to detect that the daemon is not registered
    > on the NFS server.

    But its only part of the testing. You also need to handle ECONNREFUSED
    likewise to be consistent. An ECONNREFUSED means the portmap may have
    given a port but nobody was listening.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.020 / U:0.608 seconds]