Subjectfilesystem flexibility
It seems to me that Linux-native filesystems (ext, ext2, reiserfs, .....)
should all have a filesystem tag at the beginning indicating to mount, the
kernel, or whomever what type they are. While the partition-type
mechanism available on PCs is perhaps useful for such things, it does not
offer necessary flexibility (many fs's, fs versions,....). Proposal:
version, and the number of bytes. If this is
really not causing any problems, forget I wrote this.

Any flames will get stuck in my new fireplace, and will be used to keep me
toasty next winter.

This message has been brought to you by the letter alpha and the number pi.

David Feuer
dfeuer@his.com
dfeuer@binx.mbhs.edu
Open Source: Think locally; act globally.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.126 / U:0.164 seconds]