SubjectRe: New kernel - netscape hangs
Date
> > Im aware of that paticular posix stupidity. I guess the bar was opening
> > early that evening.
>
> I think the POSIX concept is correct. The current Linux kernel will

A more informative error would be better

> sleep forever. What is your suggestion to POSIX? I am collecting
> comments on POSIX now.

You assume that lock daemon state will not change. If we have no lock daemon
response remotely we should wait. If we fail to talk to it we can error. We
shouldn't assume we can decide at mount time if there is a lock daemon either.

How does following the same rules as the file system sound - soft you timeout,
intr you ^C out and hard you sit and wait ?

> > Then I don't follow why you change anything except that one return value (and
> > that makes sense alone).
>
> I meant I fixed a Linux kernel bug which doesn't follow POSIX.

The return code fixes a posix bug. But the rest ?

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.070 / U:0.276 seconds]