SubjectRe: 2.2.2: 2 thumbs up from lm
> something and test it. That seems more constructive than persistently
> poo-pooing ideas (I'm not saying you've done that, I'm just tired of
> the flack I've received on these issues).

One related to this cache walking is making sure that the stuff in the same
cache line as the pointers you follow and the stuff you look at is as static
as possible. Ingo is right that you have 4 layers of cache on a real box,
but if any one of those lines is touched by another CPU it goes a long
route across processors each time another cpu changes it