    Subject[OFFTOPIC] Re: Linux and NT Workstation 4.0
    'lo,

    On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 09:13:22AM +0100, Kurt Garloff wrote:

    > > > major screwing-over. Has anyone else tried this and been successful? Or
    > > > is NT's boot code too stubborn for LILO to load?

    > > It won't, but you can coax the NT boot code into booting LILO.

    > Strange enough, it works here without any tricks.
    > MBR (unchanged) loads OS2BootMan loads LILO(20) loads NT. Of course I can

    This, if I remember correctly, is the trick. For some reason, NT's boot code
    barfs after LILO calls it if the MBR isn't NT's. So install LILO on the
    superblock of your ext2 partition and mark it as the active partition. So the
    NT mbr invokes LILO, which can load Linux or the NT boot code as necessary.

    I heard rumours this behaviour might have changed in one of the recent Service
    Packs (I'm on NT4SP3 I think).

    S.

    --
    Never count your chickens before they rip your lips off