SubjectRe: ppp interface not being dropped
On 2 Feb 1999, Kirk Reiser wrote:

> Hello Everyone: I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that
> sometimes the ppp0 and other ppp interfaces are not getting dropped
> when the modem disconnects under the newer kernels. Actually, this
> box is running 2.1.131, so I can't really speak for versions more
> current than that.
> If I take the interface down with ifconfig, it comes back up just fine
> the next time. I have not been able to determine an actual event
> which causes the problem though.
There is now a script in /etc/ppp that is used to make networking
changes when the link comes up or goes down. (/etc/ppp/ip_up,
/etc/ppp/ip_down). You put whatever you need in there.

Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.1 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
Wisdom : It's not a Y2K problem. It's a Y2Day problem.