    Subjectppp interface not being dropped
    Hello Everyone: I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that
    sometimes the ppp0 and other ppp interfaces are not getting dropped
    when the modem disconnects under the newer kernels. Actually, this
    box is running 2.1.131, so I can't really speak for versions more
    current than that.

    If I take the interface down with ifconfig, it comes back up just fine
    the next time. I have not been able to determine an actual event
    which causes the problem though.

    Kirk

    --

    Kirk Reiser The Computer Braille Facility
    e-mail: kirk@braille.uwo.ca University of Western Ontario