Subjectppp interface not being dropped
Hello Everyone: I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that
sometimes the ppp0 and other ppp interfaces are not getting dropped
when the modem disconnects under the newer kernels. Actually, this
box is running 2.1.131, so I can't really speak for versions more
current than that.

If I take the interface down with ifconfig, it comes back up just fine
the next time. I have not been able to determine an actual event
which causes the problem though.

Kirk Reiser The Computer Braille Facility
e-mail: University of Western Ontario
phone: (519) 661-3061