SubjectRe: fsync on large files
Date
> Stephen, I'v etold you before: I will not accept these kinds of extensions
> to ext2. Make a new filesystem, and if you want, re-use the code (and the
> layout) of ext2.

Linus before sounding off why not have a look at the patches concerned. Its
bad when you go around pronouncing on things before looking hard. Eg the
direct I/O stuff has all the hooks to do direct I/O from/to a file system
next step but you just panned it without looking. Now this.

(I don't claim to be perfect and not to have done the same at times)

> kinds of major fs modifications - call it "ext3" and after a year or so of
> in-production use we can drop ext2.

And funnily enough the instructions for applying his patch start
"copy fs/ext2 to fs/ext3 then..."

Alan

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans