    SubjectRe: Linux and the "Euro" symbol?
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: Greaves Tristan TM <>
    In newsgroup:
    > Hmm, I think my question was badly worded. :)
    > I guess this is a *distribution* thing as opposed to a kernel thing, if
    > it really is just a matter of including it in a keymap.
    > I guess I mean: In a standard VGA console, can you bring up a Euro symbol
    > by pressing the right keyboard combination? Anyone know what this
    > combination *is*? Keyboards nowadays are having the "Euro" symbol printed
    > on the "E" key...

    AltGr-E (AltGr == Mode_Switch) for most keyboards; I believe the
    recommended keycode for U.S. keyboards is Shift-Alt-4.

    "Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. There
    are, and will be, large numbers of applications available for it."
    -- Paul Maritz, Group Vice President for Platforms And Applications,
    Microsoft Corporation [Reference at:]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.021 / U:54.912 seconds]