    SubjectRe: PLL in kernel?
    Arvind Sankar wrote:

    > ok, figured it out. xntpd by default decides that linux doesn't have an
    > accurate adjtimex.

    If this is what xntpd is doing, then you're likely running into the glibc-2 bug
    that has bitten many people trying to get ntp-4 running. In a nutshell, ntp
    uses two kernel PLL routines, ntp_gettime and ntp_adjtime; linux, OTOH, provides
    just one superset, called adjtimex. Libc5 (glibc-1) correctly provides wrappers
    that convert the ntp_x calls to linux adjtimex, but glibc-2 omits one of them.
    Hence, the configure thinks they're not present. I forget the workaround, but
    H.J.Lu I think made patches to glibc2 to fix this. You can fudge it by
    hand-editing the results of the ./configure to enable the accurate adjtimex

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:1.960 seconds]