    SubjectRe: 2.2.0 ac1

    Stephen C. Tweedie:
    > glibc-2.1 prereleases, then as far as I know rpc will still break: do
    > you have a snapshot of 2.0 which fixes this? It would be useful to
    > have.
    Sorry -- the work went into 2.1 sometime this year. I don't think anybody
    would spend the time necessary to retrofit this work into 2.0.

    > Does svc_run() etc. never ever open a new fd after initialisation? If
    > they can, then we still have a potential problem.
    I don't think they can, but as I wrote, my understanding of RPC internals
    is somewhat limited.

    Converting svc_run() to also use poll() is on the agenda -- after 2.1.

    Matthias Urlichs | noris network GmbH | | ICQ: 20193661
    The quote was selected randomly. Really. |
    Mohandas K. Gandhi often changed his mind publicly. An aide once asked
    him how he could so freely contradict this week what he had said just
    last week. The great man replied that it was because this week he knew

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:1.760 seconds]