    SubjectRe: Number of sound channels?
    > This is kind of an unrelated question.  Has anyone ever
    > implemented software mixing such that /dev/dsp can be opened
    > for output multiple times? Or is that functionality going
    > to remain strictly the domain of esd?

    The commercial OSS did. We regard it as the wrong answer. Esd is one approach
    although esd itself is currently very very limited in its facilities. For
    example many of my sound cards have 6 or 8 channels, but esd only knows how
    to use one and always software mix for it. Needless to say this isnt ideal

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.022 / U:89.176 seconds]