    SubjectYamaha Sound Drivers
    I am wondering on the status of sound drivers for the newer Yamaha sound
    chipsets.

    I have a laptop with the Yamaha YMF-744B chipset in it. (The Sony Vaio 505ve
    to be exact.) Checking the 2.3.30 kernel, I see it is not supported as of
    yet. (Unless I am missing something.)

    Is someone working on this chipset at the moment? Is it overlooked? Do they
    need docs? The current docset for this chip and a number of others can be
    found at http://www.yamahayst.com/pcaudio/download/index.htm . The docs appear
    to give enough information to do a driver, but I am not certain not having had
    to write one.

    The chipsets listed on that page are:

    PCI Sound Chipsets:
    YMF724F
    YMF740C
    YMF744B
    YMF754

    Codecs:
    YMF752

    FM Sound Generators:
    YMF289B

    Wavetable generators:
    YMF721

    ISA Single Chip Audio
    YMF715E

    Audio DAC:
    YAC516

    Hopefully this information is of some use. I would like to get sound working
    on this little box. ("It's waffer thin!") At least to stop badly written apps
    with sound from coreing.

    I am willing to help test drivers for the YMF744B chipset, if that will help.

    Thanks!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.022 / U:30.296 seconds]