SubjectRe: [Q] How to find free IRQ line?
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Andrey Panin wrote:

> Hi all !!
>
> In this crazy world every programer can meet strange computer devices.
> These devices are software configurable, but not compatible with
> common configuration methods (like PCI or ISA PNP).
> Because of this strange design, the driver itself must find and assign
> resources for such device.
>
> So my question is: "What is most correct method to find free IRQ line ?"
>
> Thank you for future answers :)

request_irq(......);
If it returns -1, try another one. Works for me.
Even though you may acquire an IRQ, it does not mean that
the hardware is actually connected to it, so you have
to generate a hardware IRQ to see if it works. If not,
do free_irq(...) and try another one.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.3.13 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.029 / U:0.036 seconds]