SubjectRe: [linux-usb] URB-ifying usb
On Sat, Dec 04, 1999, Gregory P. Smith <greg@electricrain.com> wrote:
> > Actually, this does bring up another problem for me - because I don't have
> > time to follow the USB mailing lists, I've several times not been able to
> > make any judgement at all about some of the USB patches I've received.
> > Is anybody willing to step up to the plate in the form of a "General USB
> > maintainer", the same way Alan Cox maintains all sound drivers as far as
> > I'm concerned (he obviously doesn't, but he acts as a "collector of
> > patches" and as a judge)? It obviously needs to be somebody who gets along
> > with people, and also somebody who can say NO! when required - not just
> > gathering things up.
> > Linus
>
> Yes, this would be a very useful thing.
>
> I'm not a perfect canidate due to my time restrictions but am willing if
> people want me to. Lets hear a few more volunteers (Johannes? Randy?,
> anyone else?).

I'd be willing to do it. I certainly have the time (unlike in the past).
However I'm unsure everyone would feel comfortable with me doing it
after recent experiences.

Randy, Greg KH and Greg Smith sound like good choices to me, but it is
obviously up to them to decide if they can/want to do it.

> IMHO, more than one maintainer would be nice. How do people feel about
> using a system such as http://www.sourceforge.net/ (free, sponsored by
> valinux) for CVS sound? [Allowing a few of us commit access and having
> the rest of people coordinate patches through us via the mailing list?]
> (if that sounds like bsd style development, well, it is and it works) One
> of us could be designated as the "alpha maintainer" to keep the kernel up
> to date with our tree by feeding patches to linus. No flamewars please.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Once again, I'd be more than happy to help in any of these respects as
long as everyone is ok with me doing so.

JE

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:2.220 / U:0.496 seconds]