    SubjectRe: [linux-usb] URB-ifying usb
    Date
    On Sat, 4 Dec 1999 10:44:41 -0800 (PST), Linus Torvalds wrote:

    >Is anybody willing to step up to the plate in the form of a "General USB
    >maintainer", the same way Alan Cox maintains all sound drivers as far as
    >I'm concerned (he obviously doesn't, but he acts as a "collector of
    >patches" and as a judge)? It obviously needs to be somebody who gets along
    >with people, and also somebody who can say NO! when required - not just
    >gathering things up.
    >
    >And it needs to be somebody wo knows USB and reasonably actively does
    >participate in the discussion, and somebody who is reasonably neutral wrt
    >the different projects. Randy Dunlap comes to mind, but what do I know?

    I'd be willing to step up and do this. I have a reasonably large number of
    usb devices here to test stuff with, and feel comfortable with the code
    base. I have stayed out of the recent URB vs. current argument as I
    haven't made many contributions to the main usb core, but agree that we
    should switch to it as it does clean up the driver model (I ported my
    usb-serial driver to it easily.)

    greg k-h
    greg@kroah.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.023 / U:89.172 seconds]