SubjectSealevel 4021 raw capture

I'm working on moving an application off of NT to Linux that reads a 64kbps
mpeg audio data stream off the 25 pin port of a Sealevel 4021 (shunted
for v.35), parses the data, and writes it to disk.

Ideally, I'd like to keep using the same hardware that the old system uses.

Unfortunatly, as best I can tell, the sealevel driver focuses on HDLC
and the use of the sealevel as a network device.

Four (cascading) questions:

Is there any current mechanisms in the driver for doing raw capture
from the device?

If not, how foolish an undertaking would it be for an experienced, but
kernel driver green, C programmer to do the right thing and hack
together a sealevel serial-ish driver that would allow for device
special file IO to the card ports?

If extremely foolish, does anyone know of a v.35 device that, on
linux, has the ability to do raw capture?

If none, how about an rs422 device that does so? (I can get an adaptor
for v.35 to rs422).