    Subjectset_current_state patch?

    I'm doing some experimental work on the kernel for which I'd like to
    make use of the set_current_state macro. That is, I'd like to
    redefine it as something else which does other stuff. To be able to
    do this, I'd need to go through the kernel source and replace
    everything of the form "current->state=TASK_#####" with
    "set_current_state(TASK_####)" (similarly for set_task_state).

    I'd be willing to create such a patch if there's interest in such
    changes. Such a set of changes IMO would be the right thing to do,
    though it could conceivably generate the mother of all patches.

    I'm trying to avoid making the replacements myself and then seeing a
    huge patch blow up on me as I try to update my source tree with an
    official patch that includes these changes.

    Michal Ostrowski
    mostrows@styx.uwaterloo.ca

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.022 / U:30.408 seconds]