    SubjectRe: patch to turn internal speaker on/off
    > Wouldn't it be better to adjust the behavior from /proc than via an
    > ioctl?

    I originally had code to do this, but I saw two problems to this method:

    1) It touches a lot more source files and adds a bunch of code in the kernel
    for what should be a relatively minor patch, and
    2) (Obviously) adds another entry in /proc ...which I wasn't sure was wise
    to throw "just anything" in there. Maybe I'm wrong on that point, though.

    Anyhow, if people have a want for that, I'll put a /proc/intspeaker (or
    whatever) entry into the kernel, but I'd like to see if the ability to turn
    off the speaker is deemed worth having in the first place.

    Has anyone actually applied and tried the patch yet?

    (Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to the mailing list. Thanks!)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:0.528 seconds]