    SubjectRe: Again: EQL - someone's use this thing yet?
    Dan Hollis wrote:

    > > > AFAIK EQL is dead and you should use the teql queue instead.
    > > teql isnt useful on low bandwidth links where you really want to do per
    > > packet routing with queue length based balancers
    >
    > In this case isnt MPP better? Someone was supposed to be adding multilink
    > support for pppd but this project seems to have fallen into disrepair.
    >
    > I had big problems with device starvation under EQL last time I used it,
    > one device would get 80% of the traffic and the other would get maybe 20%.

    Yeah. The driver did something very odd (I suspect it of wrapping around
    below 0 when maintaining byte-counters for devices) when operating on
    low-bandwidth links. It worked quite well if you had more than 64K of
    bandwidth, but became marginal and starvation prone at lower
    rates...also, if you had modem error correction enabled it's values were
    wrong in the event of a line hit.

    I eventually hacked the code to do round-robin scheduling to try to even
    things out. Not perfect, but good enough.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:3.767 / U:0.040 seconds]