SubjectRe: IDE Driver (Raw Interface) Questions
> |>Post 2.4 there are lots of related things to sort out - passing kiovecs to
> |>block devices, 32bit bounce buffers, and the like. If you had a queue-kiovec
> |>ability then your raw device would be trivial.
>
> Agreed, doing this in post-2.4 will be much simpler, but it doesn't
> make sense to not do it now "just because" ...

I have no problem with you doing it now. Just don't expect the quick hack
approach to make a mainstream kernel.

So wouldn't it be more productive to get the kiovec to block device interface
working. You also btw do need to go via the ll_rw_block request queue at all
times. There is locking in that, there is request merging in that and there
is overlap handling in that.

If you queue a request when the driver knows the queue status or the plug
status you will change behaviours, and I doubt the ide layer will like it

Alan

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans