    SubjectRe: 2.3.30 linuxNFS import is broken (Screwed up NFS/RPC credentials)
    > > The most practical way of implementing this policy is therefore to
    > > hide the RPC auth in the file descriptor structure (I use the private
    > > data field), and pass that info via the file pointer to
    > > readpage/writepage/whatever else needs it.
    >
    > Urgh. Extremely ugly, IMO.

    It makes a lot of sense. The authentication properties of an object are
    tied to the file handle in Unix. This is going to be a reality for all network
    systems using handles and credentials.

    > what I'm trying to do. IMO fhandle of regular file should be available in
    > struct address_space (you'll need a new field in the union there). Ditto

    Two people mapping the same file may have different credentials. Providing you
    cover that then yes

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.074 / U:29.616 seconds]