SubjectRe: 2.3.30 linuxNFS import is broken (Screwed up NFS/RPC credentials)
> > The most practical way of implementing this policy is therefore to
> > hide the RPC auth in the file descriptor structure (I use the private
> > data field), and pass that info via the file pointer to
> > readpage/writepage/whatever else needs it.
> Urgh. Extremely ugly, IMO.

It makes a lot of sense. The authentication properties of an object are
tied to the file handle in Unix. This is going to be a reality for all network
systems using handles and credentials.

> what I'm trying to do. IMO fhandle of regular file should be available in
> struct address_space (you'll need a new field in the union there). Ditto

Two people mapping the same file may have different credentials. Providing you
cover that then yes