SubjectRe: Thread-private mappings and graphics (was Re: Per-Processor Data Page)

> I'd very much prefer to excercise my freedom on writing new applications,
> or supporting a lot of applications in one sweep by working on a driver
> type module than by hacking up applications individually so they work with
> the next graphics card.
>
> Comming up with a clever design for doing this cleanly is what hacking is
> all about, IMHV.

To you that's true but to others this is not. Note their do exist other
graphics libraries. If your view was the unviresal view then such library
wouldn't exist. Same true of X window managers. Imagine if twm was built
into X windows or people felt twm should be the standard and we should
force them to use this window manager. We wouldn't have things like GNOME
or KDE today. We could debate what true hacking is and this would go on
forever. Note these examples show another point of view exist. I respect
your view so please don't force your view onto others.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.052 / U:0.580 seconds]