SubjectRe: Ooops: PCMCIA 3c575 and 2.3.33
> I've a reproducible problem wth the PCMCIA 3c575 network cardon 2.3 kernels.
> Since 2.3.33 it looks more stable but when I remove the card from the slot I
> always get
> a kernel panic oops. This happens if the card actually is hooked up to the
> network or not.
> Below you will find a part of the screenshot.
> Also when looking to the driver code I found a supsisious #elif ... part in
> the code, which seems to
> come from the pre 2.3 pcmcia package.
> I patched the driver to elimintaed the elif and following few lines but they
> seem not to help.

I've been working with David Hinds about the pcmcia/cardbus problem on my
laptop. Most all problems were caused by a port region. The one card that
I'm still having problems with is the 3c575 (specifically a 3cxfe575bt). I
have seen the oops occur. When I get the oops, I was downloading files from
my server at ~7.5mb/sec with lftp and I got 'too much work' errors and the
system froze. At that point, physically ejecting the card caused an oops in
swapper.

David told me he emailed Donald Becker about it (since it is his driver).

What cardbus controller do you have? Mine is a ricoh rl5c478. You wouldn't
mind giving more details about the machine would you?