SubjectRe: [Fwd: Dual Celery on BP6]
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Aaron Holtzman wrote:

> There appears to be some correlation with APIC wackyness and higher
> speed FSBs. I don't think this is necessarily a heat problem, but it
> would be nice to remove some variables.

Definitely. Unfortunately, this problem has seemingly existed since day
one and not once has anybody been able to draw any conclusions based their
findings.

> Note that the bp6 was probably only QA tested for 66 MHz and the
> timing margins on the board at 100Mhz could be almost non existent.

I am not convinced that is true. This board was brought to market
strictly for the hobbyist and I'm sure that ABit tested with 100MHz FSB.

> I would be first in line to by a motherboard from a company that
> put all of their link timing margins in the user manual.

I would be first in line to buy a motherboard that is fully tested and
QA'd before being released. The initial BP6 should never have been
released with it's terribly broken BIOS.

Mike.