    SubjectRe: IDE Driver Reports Erroneous Errors While Mounting NWFS 2.0 at boot
    Date
    > Perhaps I am not understanding what the error is reporting.  The range
    > error states that I am asking for 1715620. Is this number a 1024 byte
    > block address or the LBA offset of the disk and not an LBA sector
    > offset? NetWare does everything as LBA based, so we call
    > set_blocksize(dev, 512) and set the devices to a 512 sector block size.
    > What could conceivable be going on here is that for some reason, the
    > driver is not in a state where we can do this, and we are breaking it,
    > then running off the end of the disk.

    The number reported is in 1K blocks.

    > The device is 850/64/63 so it's sectors are 0x3451E0, but the driver is
    > reporting we are off the end at 0x1A2762, which is bogus, if the device
    > is reporting LBA ranges.

    That would be 344EC4 so its plausible. Could you have issued requests before
    changing the block size ? It sounds form your comemnt that after that error
    everything continued fine ? If so you only issued one stray request somehow -
    as it would have logged each I/O that went off the end in its view.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.031 / U:30.108 seconds]