SubjectRe: Bash Issues
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

>All I am trying to do is get a CWorthy style interface up on Linux for
>all the Netware NDS and NWFS Utils and such. On a standard PC, this is

I don't know what is cworthy but since newt was also mentioned, I suppose
it's some textmode GUI stuff.

Go and try newt. But -- if you don't like it you might like FreeText.

FreeText is a text mode windowing system a bit similar to X that it has a
concept of "window" but otherwise very different. First, it uses heavily
C++ and doesn't work without it. "Window" is a base object and everything
is inherited from it. The system is supposed to have several output
devices, and mouse support.

The real problem is that it is completely incomplete system yet. The only
output devices supported right now is direct video access (/dev/vcsa) and
slang (fortunately slang is quite versatile). No mouse support yet. Only
widgets written so far are "window" and "button" and some specialized ones,
like "yesnodialog".

I haven't released anything yet, but if you're interested, *please* contact
me. I'd love to get help with this. I personally need it for my own text
editor ("eos") but FreeText is fine to use for anything.

I cc'd this to linux-c-programming since that is the right mailing list.