SubjectRe: APIC errors and aic7xxx interrupts w/SMP on 2.3.25
Thanks Doug,

Your information suggests me to investigate USB devices.

Doug Ledford writes:
> This most likely means something besides the aic7xxx is making that
> interrupt but as sson as the aic7xxx is loaded and that interrupt is
> enabled then the other device (whatever it may be, check the output of
> lspci to see if anything else is sharing that interrupt) is likely making
> all those interrupts and that's what needs fixed.

Because a USB mouse is attached and detected by the system, but no
mouse motion or button events are tracked so far,
It doesn't get any interrupts, inserting printk() into the
corresponding handler produces nothing.

I'm not at the machine site, so I'll report the result later.

--
Computer Systems Laboratory, Fujitsu Labs.
kumon@flab.fujitsu.co.jp