    SubjectRe: cdrom data 2.2.14pre4 ?
    On Tue, Nov 09 1999, roel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl wrote:
    > > That sounds like you are trying to copy data from a CDi / Video CD.
    > > In Linux that is only supported by using an ioctl to grab the data,
    > > since we can't use ordinary reads to get to the data. Comparable
    > > to CDDA. This is why you get the above error message.
    >
    > that makes sense, Dan, Jens.
    >
    > thanks. ok, so I'll have to live with that for now (and copy the data via
    > ftp/windows to my machine on jaz disk(s) to play a video.

    There are stand alone programs that can help you read the data,
    so you don't have to resort to Windows if you don't want to ;).
    And at least mpegtv supports playing Video CD's directly. Try
    searching the web and you're bound to find something (sorry,
    don't have any URL's handy).

    --
    * Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
    * Linux CD-ROM Maintainer