SubjectRe: LOTS OF BAD STUFF in raid0: raid0145-19990824-2.2.11 is unstable
Date

David Mansfield writes:
>Well, I've never gotten a single SCSI error from the controller... not to
>mention that the block being requested is WAY beyond the end of the
>device. If this wasn't a RAID device, this would be one of the 'Attempt
>to access beyond end of device' errors that non-raid users have reported
>many times for the 2.2 series kernels.

Now you know why it was hard for us to track it down... :-)

>I have also gotten the error when not under any load, about once a month
>or so, but never with the alarming frequency of last night!

The drive could be getting worse.

Of course, it isn't necessarily the same problem, I'm just pointing out that
we had a problem that looked like this and really looked like it wasn't
hardware (for the same reasons you listed) but it was, after all.

FWIW. Good luck!

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.093 / U:0.168 seconds]