SubjectRe: fbcon + scrolling = irq timeouts?
Hi!

> > Has anyone else experienced IRQ timeouts while playing MP3s and scrolling
> > large text files in a VESA framebuffer console? From what I can see, no
> > cards are conflicting with each other in any way. Maybe someone else can
> > help me out. Vital data:
>
> Welcome to VESA frame buffer. It uses BIOS functions. These can lock the
> interrupts off for a long time. Basically no cure available

Sorry alan, it is not like that.

Problem is even if you don't use any bios functions (you do not
normally use any vesa bios functions at runtime!) you spend just too
much time in kernel space and mp3 player fails to meet that deadline.

So cure could be few schedules() at strategical places in fbcon
<GRIN>.
Pavel
--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+