    SubjectRe: 2.3.29: ramdisk still broken.
    does initrd not work with BDE's fix?

    Bruce Elliot's fix is on my page:

    http://www.ocston.org/~tigran/patches/other/bde-ramdisk-2.3.29-p1.patch

    Regards,
    ------
    Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
    Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
    Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran

    On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Khimenko Victor wrote:

    > In <Pine.Linu.4.10.9911251630490.389-100000@mikeg.weiden.de> Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de) wrote:

    > >> Another view of the situation may be - ramdisk used to be static but then
    > >> started to rely on buffer cache. Now it can no longer rely on buffer
    > >> cache. Therefore, shouldn't it go back to being static?
    >
    > > I did that before trying anything else.. took it out of buffer cache
    > > all together and used vmalloc instead. Made for a pretty slow ramdisk.
    >
    > Can you send me that version ? For initrd speed is not an issue: it'll just
    > need to work somehow. Slow is Ok for initrd...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.032 / U:2.928 seconds]