Subjectusing BIOS services from within Linux.
Hello,

I was wondering if one could use BIOS int 13h disk services from running
(or at least paniced) kernel. I am thinking of implementing a way of
dumping the kernel core to a specified partition and using BIOS io
routines instead of the normal kernel way of things.

I suspect that since we overwrite the disk parameter tables (BIOS data in
low memory) on boot, the BIOS services are useless but would like someone
more knowledgable in this area to confirm it.

I understand that one can call PnP BIOS routines but that is a different
story conforming to a different (well-defined) specification.

Any thoughts welcome,
Tigran.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.238 / U:0.012 seconds]