    SubjectRe: Linux Buffer Cache Does Not Support Mirroring

    Understood. I'll look at this. I am trying to stick with establish
    interfaces. However, since all of the functions are marked "static"
    it's impossible to do this with a loadable module because I cannot
    import the functions I need from buffer.c, even if I am a kernel module
    linked with the kernel. Petty dumb, huh?

    "Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:
    > Hi,
    > On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:56:28 -0700, "Jeff V. Merkey"
    > <> said:
    > > I looked at the brw_page code. While everyone calls this an "async"
    > > interface, in fact, it uses the same semantic as a sync interface and
    > > does not allow support for callbacks.
    > I didn't say to use brw_page --- I said to look at brw_page. It sets up
    > a vector of buffer_heads for the IO, and --- crucially --- initialises
    > them with a callback, end_buffer_io_async.
    > _That_ is where you get async callback for temporary buffer_heads
    > submitted to the IO layer. You can replace that callback function with
    > anything you want. No, brw_page won't do an arbitrary callback for you,
    > but it's a perfect example from which to construct your own function
    > which does exactly the IO you want, with exactly the buffer-cache
    > coherency you want, and exactly the callback you want at the end of it.
    > --Stephen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.025 / U:12.072 seconds]