    SubjectRe: Lockup in 2.2.14pre4
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > This also happened in at least 2.2.13, almost always while my sister is
    > > sending mail using hotmail, and always when using Netscape (AFAIR)
    > The common symptom on the reports I have of this kind of problem (going
    > back to 2.0 in fact) is that generally they involve netscape going into
    > stupidity mode. Do you have resource limits set ?
    > Alan
    No. I'll try setting some limits. However I don't think that this
    happened until I upgraded to RedHat 6.0 (about a week before 6.1 was
    released), and enlightenment was installed. I'll try going back to fvwm2
    for a bit. I was running 2.2 before that, so its not a kernel upgrade
    that caused it.

    The extra memory requirements of E is was made me think of an OOM
    situation. If Netscape tries to grab excessive amounts of memory, and
    we're low on memory, shouldn't it be killed?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:107.772 seconds]