SubjectRe: updating the RTC automagically
Hi Ulrich.

> I investigated what would be needed to set the RTC when the
> system time changes. First the inverse function for mktime() is
> needed (i.e. convert UNIX time to days, hours, months, etc.)
> Then the function to set the RTC would have to be extended to
> set _all_ the values, not just minute and second.

> Should I take the date conversion routine from the C library
> (i.e. copy the code)?

Are you proposing to put this facility in the kernel? There's already
a perfectly good userspace program to do that - take a peek at
`man hwclock` for details.

> I'm not subscribed here, but I'd like to be CC:'d for replies...

There are quite a few people don't bother replying to mailing list
postings that state the poster isn't subscribed to the list, on the
basis of "if (s)he can't be bother to subscribe, I can't be bothered
to reply"...

Best wishes from Riley.

PS: The kernel versions page is now back online at the URL below, and
includes separate sublists both for each kernel series, and for
each year of development.