order to get a core dump. Running dump directly under gdb does not
work because the crash happens in a forked subprocess.)

(gdb) where
#0 0x2ab30e96 in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0x2abc5040, p=0x808a480) at malloc.c:3033
#1 0x2ab30d75 in __libc_free (mem=0x808a488) at malloc.c:2959
#2 0x2aacaa40 in ext2fs_dir_iterate () from /lib/libext2fs.so.2
#3 0x8050683 in dumpdirino (dp=0x80558e0, ino=62977) at traverse.c:756
#4 0x804bb5e in main (argc=0, argv=0x80580ac) at main.c:574

I would guess there is a bug in ext2fs_dir_iterate, or in dump's
interaction with it, when the file system has the `filetype' feature
enabled. This is the only difference I can discern between
filesystems created by the old mke2fs and the new.

This is quite easy to reproduce, but I would be glad to provide more
information if it would be useful.

- Pat

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.257 / U:0.440 seconds]