    SubjectRe: Getting IOCTL's into VFS File System Drivers
    viro@math.psu.edu (Alexander Viro)  wrote on 14.11.99 in <Pine.GSO.4.10.9911141221440.2939-100000@weyl.math.psu.edu>:

    > On 14 Nov 1999, Kai Henningsen wrote:
    > > > 3.something. And it required the mounpoint to be immediate
    > > > subdirectory of root.
    > >
    > > Nope.
    >
    > Nope _what_? 3.30 definitely had JOIN, JOIN.EXE _did_ check for the depth
    > of mountpoint (want a reverse-engineered C source?) and while you could
    > do it by hands it was _bad_ idea. Reason: the same table kept the cwd for
    > each disk. It didn't take much to trick chdir() into buggering the whole
    > thing big way.

    DOS didn't always check the relevant length limits. That's a bug, not a
    missing feature.

    > man csh.

    Nothing surprising there about ~. (Though I certainly never use csh.)

    >Ever used ~ftp in scripts?

    I don't think so.

    >Ever moved the sucker around?

    Not without compatibility symlinks.

    >Exactly.

    Exactly WHAT?

    > Now, replace it with the setup when package foo sits in the directory
    > bar\baz and you bind x: to bar\baz. Setting all pathes in config as
    > absolute on x:

    Oh, you mean it gives you a very limited version of symlinks.

    MfG Kai

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.023 / U:0.840 seconds]