    SubjectRe: 2.3.28 more on ramdisk problems....
    no, the system is quescent. This is getting more complex and therefore
    more exciting; due to my ignorance of
    the page cache - Alan Cox gave me a hint on how that request function works
    and I realize that I need to understand this beast called "page cache" :(

    Basically, I am going to trace all requests to rd and see if ever get any
    READ requests. I don't yet understand how this mechanism "page cache" is
    going to satisfy all requests before they actually hit the block device
    layer. I suppose the fileops points to block_read/block_write so that is
    how things happen. So, I need to trace all io via block_read/write for
    the specific rdev corresponding to my device.

    Still looking (but soon will be sleeping)
    Tigran.