SubjectRe: linux interrupt handling problem
Hi,

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 yodaiken@chelm.cs.nmt.edu wrote:

> It's quite simple to connect Linux non-rt processes to RT tasks and
> handlers in RTLinux. In fact, the entire purpose of RTLinux is to make
> the "unix system" accessible to the RT layer.
> However, we do not do what Solaris and other operating systems do, which
> is "integrate" the realtime into the rest of the kernel by slowing down
> the rest of the kernel and making the realtime part not realtime.

I don't want that too, but there is still room for improvement. IMO it's
possible to integrate the realtime part better into Linux, so it's
possible to use more Linux services directly from RTLinux and the
hardrealtime part could be a normal Linux driver. I don't think this has
to be slower, but the important part would be to make the user space
realtime part more responsive, there of course would be a small price, but
that could be disabled by a config option.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.078 / U:0.900 seconds]