SubjectRe: [Fwd: Getting IOCTL's into VFS File System Drivers]

Alan Cox wrote:

> > work). I am trying to set it up so Linux can use NWFS as a boot file
> > system, and it appears you folks are going to oppose this hapenning by
> > restricting needed capabilities in Linux?
>
> In what way does it need to talk to it in advance ?

Alan,

1. Config mirror groups during boot.
2. Ask User Config Questions by querying FS data, if needed.
3. Check Volume Tables if fsck is required (rather than build them
twice in user space)
4. not createing chicken/egg scenario becuase NWFS needs EXT2 to create
it's "IOCTL" access point to perform the operations above without EXT2.
5. Utilities can talk to FS for namespace maintenance, etc. during
normal opns.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.089 / U:0.148 seconds]