    SubjectRe: Getting IOCTL's into VFS File System Drivers

    James R Bruce writes:
    >What about a user level library of tools for each FS, kind of like how
    >Imlib handles different image file formats? That keeps the code in user
    >mode but would allow generic tools.

    If you had read the whole thread, or even so much as read the output of
    man fsck
    you would have discovered that we do that. We've done that for years.

    Let me quote:
    In actuality, fsck is simply a front-end for the various
    file system checkers (fsck.fstype) available under Linux.

    prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
    Linux Application Development

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:3.972 seconds]