SubjectRe: Getting IOCTL's into VFS File System Drivers
Date

James R Bruce writes:
>What about a user level library of tools for each FS, kind of like how
>Imlib handles different image file formats? That keeps the code in user
>mode but would allow generic tools.

If you had read the whole thread, or even so much as read the output of
man fsck
you would have discovered that we do that. We've done that for years.

Let me quote:
In actuality, fsck is simply a front-end for the various
file system checkers (fsck.fstype) available under Linux.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.060 / U:0.924 seconds]