    SubjectRE: PUBLIC CHALLENGE: (was RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device a lloc ation) )
    I am not happy with serval people on this one.  Name calling on one side
    misinformation on the other. I see a few people trying to have an actuall
    technical discution but overall this is the flame war it usually is.

    Gerhard

    On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Gorky wrote:

    > I suspect I am not the only one who has been entirely put off to devfs by
    > the behaviour of Shawn Leas. The kernel is a technical issue, and this
    > should be a technical mailing list. Shawn has turned devfs into a pissing
    > contest. The only argument for devfs that seems to have come out of this
    > is "You don't have to use it!" Unfortunately, it affects too much of the
    > code for that. Shawn's arguments remind me of a Usenet argument I had
    > once in which I got so carried away with the argument that I just kept
    > making sweeping statements regarding something about which I was
    > completely ignorant. I look back on that now and feel like a moron. I'd
    > like to see a good technical discussion of devfs instead of this crap.
    >
    > -gorky
    >

    > -

    gmack@imag.net

    <>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.