SubjectRE: can't locate module net-pf-1
Date
Thanks for the responses!  I did have Unix Domain Sockets selected as static
in the kernel so I'm not sure why I'm getting the can't locate net-pf-1
message. Any ideas on the reason?
The last item that loads when booting is 'finding module dependencies' and
the 'modprobe: can 't locate module net-pf-1' scrolls on the screen.
Unfortunately, I hadn't installed any other versions of the kernel on this
particular box so I have nothgin else to attempt to boot into. ;(
The /etc/conf.modules should look like this (I have another system that's
almost the same):
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias eth0 eepro100
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
pre-install pcmcia_core /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
I've tried using a set of boot and rescue disks to see if I can recover the
systyem, but I haven't been successful. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but
I'm missing something! I used the boot disk and then went to the rescue
disk when it called for it. /dev/sda1 was listed as a device file in /dev,
but wasn't in /etc/fstab so I cp'd the info over and then tried to mount
/dev/sda1. The message I got back was
'mount: the kernel doesn't recognize /dev/sda1 as a block device (maybe
'insmod driver'?)
If the system is beyond recovery, so be it, but it would be REALLY nice to
get it back up!!
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Heather