Subjectproc question

Is there a way to automatically erase the contents of a /PROC entry when it
has been read?
As far as I understand the /proc files are written to by the kernel when
they are read, but if I want to write an alternating value into the /proc
when it has been read, is this possible?.
Is there a way to get the driver to know when the entry has been read other
than the automatic execution of the read function?

Thankfull for any thoughts! :)