SubjectRe: [OT] FibreChannel(or something) + Soft RAID
On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> 126 for private arbitrated loop, massively larger for switch fabrics.

BTW, arbitrated loop absolutely sucks if you're in a hi-av clustered
environment. By definition, every host's card has to pass along packets
not meant for itself. If you reboot one of the nodes while I/O is
happening, that I/O gets clobbered with *NO* indication that it hit the
bit bucket. Proceed slowly to timeout, do not collect the buffer, do not
pass go.

Erik Walthinsen <> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
Quasar project -
Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff -