SubjectRe: Linux Buffer Cache Does Not Support Mirroring

Which is exactly what we have concluded. We probably should provide
some input into 2.5 for our needs. We would be happy to put in the
subsystems we require. The benefit to Linux would be a built in fault
tolerant redirector within the cache (which is useful for this and
distributed support -- time to start thinking about this). This would
allow all of the Linux file systems to support multi-segmented
mirroring and fault tolerant failover without the RAID drivers.
Netware uses a partition based mirroring scheme that will work on
anything that uses a partition, including Netware. This could be easily
configured for all of the file systems on Linux.

Jeff