    SubjectRe: Wrong bogomips after plugging in AC power
       From: Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz>

    So I've now confirmed that my toshiba can speed-up its cpu under some
    circumstances. When it is powered up while batteries are low (<20%
    will work), it will start with cpu at 150MHz, and bogomips are
    computed accordingly.

    If I plug it into AC power, it will speed up to 300MHz, but bogomips
    still have "slow" value. Therefore all udelays are wrong by factor of
    two -- udelay(50) will only wait approx. 25usec. That seems pretty
    dangerous to me. Maybe we need some other source of short loops?

    It sounds like you aren't rebooting after changing to AC power. My
    recollection is that bogomips are computed once, at boot time, so it
    is not surprising that they don't change even when the CPU speeds up.

    Perhaps a patch is needed so APM (or the user) can inform the kernel
    to recompute bogomips, or to recompute them once a minute or so?

    Dale

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:3.787 / U:0.160 seconds]