SubjectRe: binfmt_aout.c
On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

>Ok so for 2.2.14 precisely which pieces do you want in. I've backed out the
>bigger zmagic fix. You want the one above in and what else ? Since a lot of

Really now that the 2.2.13 bug is fixed we could choose to simply apply
the four liner fix I posted a few hours ago (you should just have it in
your mailbox). For the "suggestion" printk I think they are useful, of
course this is only my opinion and we may want to drop them, I don't
bother about the printk (ask me if you want a patch to limit the printk).

But if you don't want the zmagic-runs-on-4k-blocksize-wide-filesystems
feature that is currently present in 2.2.13, then just return to the
2.2.12 a.out code and apply _only_ the zmagic-only-fix (that was the only
real fix not feature-related I had in my queue).

A thing I'd like to be merged ASAP (in a early pre patch) is this:

ftp://ftp.*.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/proposed/v2.2/2.2.13/oom-2.2.12-I.gz

NOTE: all architectures will have to be updated in the page fault handler.
So far I fixed only Alpha and i386. You can find the description of the
patch in many previous emails you have in your mailbox (you maybe also
remeber such patch btw). The main issue is that it fixes a bad deadlock
condition that any luser can exploit in the swapin code.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.042 / U:0.236 seconds]