    SubjectRe: PATCH: Make bootlogo a CONFIG option
    On Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 12:08:34PM +0200, David Odin wrote:
    > Which video card do you have? I'm using matroxfb with a Matrox Mystique
    > and have no problem at all with the scrollback. As soon as I scroll back,
    > the little logo disappear and I can see previous kernel messages. An I
    > really think the penguin logo is cute, but it's a good idea to allow people
    > to save 8K.

    Hi David,

    I have a Matrox Millenium G200 AGP card. When I use scrollback while the
    logo is displayed, random garbage gets inserted into lines that are on
    lower half of the screen.

    This problem also occurs when I'm using 'less' or 'more' to look at some
    text file. Whenever I scroll, the first few lines where the logo has been
    displayed are not updated.

    As someone else noted, the problem goes away if you change the console
    and change back to the first. (Alt-F1 -> Alt-F2 -> Alt-F1).

    Anyway, I think that it's good to make the logo a config option. I did
    not remove any code, I just want to let people choose.

    cheers,
    Patrick

    PS: There was someone else who sent me a response. Sorry, whoever you
    are, I lost your mail.

    PPS: I would like to clean the fbcon code. Would that be accepted ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.020 / U:62.584 seconds]